Twenty-three companies and business organizations have been selected as honorees of the 29th Annual Awards for Business Excellence (AABE), presented by the Daily Herald Business Ledger and its sponsoring partners.
The AABEs are given to businesses and organizations in recognition of achievements, growth and community involvement. Companies are based in or have a significant presence in the suburbs. Those considered for the awards were nominated by their peers and selected by a panel of Daily Herald Business Ledger staff members.
The honorees will be recognized at a reception beginning at 4:30 p.m. March 28 at Northern Illinois University-Naperville. The companies will also be profiled in a special edition of the Daily Herald Business Ledger published in April.
Cost to attend the reception is $55 per person, or discounted tables are available for $45 per person. Registration is taken online at http://www.dhbusinessledger.com. For more information, contact Kat Polomsky at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 427-4637.
This year's AABE honorees are:
Small Company (Up to 50 Employees):
• Broad Street Home Care, Wilmette
• Coaching Financial Concepts, Inc., Des Plaines
• Generation Painting, Lake Zurich
• Katz, Goldstein, & Warren, Bannockburn
• Tash Wellness for Women, Skokie
Mid-Sized Companies (51-150 Employees):
• BCS Financial, Oakbrook Terrace
• Cornerstone Partners Horticultural Services Company, Elgin
• York Solutions, Westchester
Large Companies (Over 151 Employees):
• Grove Dental Associates, Bolingbrook
Innovation in Business:
• Impact Networking, Lake Forest
• Orange Home Services, Elburn
• Plum Grove Inc., Hoffman Estates
• Pulse Technology. Carol Stream
• Michael Menn Ltd., Northbrook
• Mid-States Glass and Metal, Inc., Niles
Business Organization/Economic Development Entity:
• Batavia Chamber of Commerce
Educational Institution, Entity, or Program:
• Dominican University, River Forest
Entertainment / Hospitality Company:
• Paramount Theatre, Aurora
• Iverson & Company, Des Plaines
• Allendale Association, Lake Villa
• Batavia United Way
• Diveheart, Downers Grove
• Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault, Arlington Heights
Presenting sponsors for this year's AABEs are B. Gunther & Company, Focus Capital Advisors and NIU Naperville MBA Program. Marketing partners are MRA-The Management Association and Small Business Advocacy Council.