OAK BROOK -- Dredging services company Great Lakes Dredge & Dock announced the receipt of several major dredging awards totaling $178 million.
The awarded work includes:
• Mississippi Coastal Improvements Program (MSCIP), Comprehensive Barrier Island Restoration Plan (Coastal Restoration, Mississippi, $56.7 million);
• Great Egg/Peck Beach New Jersey (Coastal Protection, New Jersey, $32.5 million)
• Post-Florence Renourishment Project (Coastal Protection, North Carolina, $27.3 million)
• Kings Bay Entrance Channel (Maintenance, Florida, $15.6 million);
• Six additional maintenance and coastal protection awards totaling $46.2 million.
"These efforts will contribute to our 2019 performance and position us well for 2020," said David Simonelli, president of Dredging. "These awards also help strengthen the U.S. economy, infrastructure and further support the protection of our U.S. coast lines."