DOWNERS GROVE -- The Illinois Tollway board has approved 11 construction and professional engineering services contracts totaling more than $103.3 million, including construction of a new maintenance facility to serve the eastern end of I-90.
Suburban contractors receiving construction projects are:
• A $43.5 million contract to Lorig Construction Co., Des Plaines, for roadway and bridge reconstruction between I-290 and St. Charles Road as part of the I-290/I-88 interchange on the Tri-State Tollway Project.
• A $33.8 million contract to George Sollitt Construction Co., Wood Dale, for construction of the Hoffman Estates Maintenance Facility at Central Road on I-90.
• A $3 million contract to Utility Dynamics Corp., Oswego, for camera installation on I-88 and I-90.
• A $2 million contract to Utility Dynamics Corp., Oswego, for systemwide lighting repairs.
Professional engineering services contracts awarded include:
• A $4 million contract to Hanson Professional Services Inc., Oak Brook, for systemwide design services upon request.
• A $3 million contract to Gasperec Elberts Consulting, Downers Grove, for systemwide construction management services upon request.
• A $2 million contract to TransLand Engineering Group, Aurora, for construction management services on I-294 upon request.