Northwestern Medicine has implemented a no-visitor policy at all of its inpatient and outpatient care sites. In cases where this policy may have long-term negative health impacts for the patient, some exceptions may be made.
Exceptions policy include:
• Pediatric patients younger than 18 (limited to one visitor/companion 18 or older).
• Neonatal ICU patients (limited to two visitors 18 or older, one at a time).
• Compassionate care, including pastoral care visits and end-of-life patients (limited to one visitor 18 or older).
• Laboring mother (limited to one visitor 18 or older).
• Patients requiring transportation home after an ED visit or outpatient visit or procedure (limited to one visitor/companion 18 or older).
All patients and visitors will be asked if they have symptoms of COVID-19 or flu. Visitors indicating or showing signs of illness during this screening process will not be allowed to visit or accompany the patient. Patients and visitors who complete the screening will be given a badge to proceed. Patients and visitors without a badge will be asked to return to the screening location to complete their screening.